My Very First Blogger Award! Yayyyy! (Versatile Blogger Award)

I’m beyond ecstatic to announce that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award; my very first blogger award! Yayyyyy!!!! I was actually nominated last week by the extremely awesome Sabrina of the Queen of My World blog, but I was a bit preoccupied with enjoying the beautiful weather we had on Saturday in the Chi as well as putting together my latest Positively Optimistic & Powerful Woman feature. versatile-blogger-1

Sabrina from Queen of My World has been so positive and such a strong supporter of my blog. I’ve been blown away by how encouraging the blogging community is. Sabrina writes engaging posts that are full of personality so check her out when you get a moment.

Here are the rules for those that I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award:

1) Thank the blogger that presented you with your award. (Hey, that’s me!)
2) Link to their blog. (Ummm, that would be this blog).
3) Select 15 blog/bloggers that you feel have fantabulous blogs–whether you’ve recently discovered them or you follow them regularly.
4) Nominate those 15 awesome bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award—you can link this page if you want.
5) Lastly, tell the person who nominated you, and everyone else, 7 things about yourself.

My Fab 15–Versatile Blogger Nominations

If you’ve received the award already, no worries, feel no need to accept the award again. Regardless of whether or not you’ve received the award before, there’s no obligation to accept the award. To everyone on this list, please know that I love reading your blog and connecting with you in the blogosphere. Keep up the amazing work and stay encouraged! I’m so grateful for having “met” you.

Properly Improper
Phat Girl Fresh
Jeune Afrique
Everything Shaquana
Desert Rose in Bloom

7 Things About Yours Truly

1. I’m an only child.

2. I’ve technically been out of the country 4 times, but I only really count 2 of them. I studied abroad for a summer in London, England and spent one of my Spring Beaks in Lima, Peru during college. I also crossed the U.S./Mexico and U.S./Canada borders very briefly.

3. Back to travelling, I absolutely love the energy of New York City! Being there makes me want to conquer the world!

4. I’m not super-into astrology and horoscopes, but I feel like the prototype of a Scorpio. Scorpio=Me.

5. I was an English Writing major in college and had absolutely no plans for what to do with my degree. Therefore, I ended up working in call centers my first few years out of college.

6. I have a serious weakness for desserts. I’ve changed my eating habits considerably over the past few months (rarely eating fried foods and drinking a green smoothie pretty much everyday), but my husband brought home 12 fancy cupcakes of varying flavors this weekend and I don’t know what to do with myself! I don’t want to eat them. I shouldn’t eat them. But I have to!

7. I don’t like shopping (most of the time). I like to get in and out of stores, or better yet, I prefer to shop online.

Now, your turn!

29 thoughts on “My Very First Blogger Award! Yayyyy! (Versatile Blogger Award)

1. Sabrina says:

Congrats again girl! Where were you living when in London? Yes I agree with the shopping, as I get older (even though I am only 25), I find it a tiring event. I only go if I know what I want and where from. Otherwise, for the kids it’s online bebe with free returns and exchanges, lol

Liked by 1 person

• poppedblackwomanblog says:

Thanks 🙂 If I remember correctly, it was walking distance from Kensington Gardens. I know it was a ritzy area. I can picture it in my head but I can’t find the address after looking through old emails…I think the fact that we have kids makes shopping less fun too. It’s hard to get really into it if, in my case, you have a toddler whining or trying to escape.

Liked by 1 person

• Sabrina says:

Oooh, Kensington, I’d love to live up west someday. Hope you enjoyed it while you were here. Yes you are right, actually when I come to think of it I only began feeling this way about shopping after having kids, lol.

Liked by 1 person

• poppedblackwomanblog says:

I really fell in love with the city. I did get extremely homesick after a few weeks, but that didn’t take away from the beauty and history all around me. My one regret is that I turned down going to a party in Brixton! I should’ve gone! I only went to Brixton for hair products and that’s it :-/ But, I was able to take day trips to Bath and Stonehenge. I was even adventurous and took a train to Birmingham by myself to see Ne-yo in concert. That trip was a story in itself!

Liked by 1 person

• Sabrina says:

Well it sounds like you had a whale of a time here. Brixton and Hackney which were seen as deprived areas with a thriving gang culture are now changing desirable areas with properties worth millions of £s. People who grew up there cannot afford homes in these areas and are being forced out of London slowly. Just a bit of info, sorry. Looking forward to reading more amazing posts from you 🙂

• poppedblackwomanblog says:

Thanks for sharing that! I didn’t know, but I’m honestly not surprised. The same thing is happening in certain neighborhoods of Chicago that were once gang strongholds. It’s unfortunate that residents are being forced out of their homes.

Liked by 1 person

2. Shahidah says:

Congrats!!! You deserve it. I love your blog and you awesome personality. In my head we are bloggie besties! Thank you for being the encouraging nurturing blogger you are and thank you for nominating me!

Liked by 1 person

3. Melissa S. says:

What a great accomplishment. I’ve just been introduced to your blog and I’m in love with it already! Your personality exudes through your words. I look forward to watching your blog grow further.

Liked by 1 person

4. Frugal Fab Mommy says:

Hey you. Congrats! and thanks for the nomination!!!
    Today’s my bday so my coworkers surprised me by buying me a Nutribullet! Soooo excited. I’m a smoothie fanatic also so I can’t wait to use it! Now I can really experiment with different fruits and veggies. Thanks again! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Joey says:

Thank you again for the nomination!!! It’s nice to be acknowledged and I love what you are doing. Positive, optimistic, and powerful indeed!

Liked by 1 person